Saturday 28 July 2012

My first ever gradient!

Oh I was sooo excited, I joined this group in Facebook called Kynsikoristelut which is Finnish and means Nail art. I had never before know how to do a gradient and I had only seen them on acrylic or gel nails before. From Sonne's blog again, I found a good tutorial which helped me a lot. Here is a link to that tuto...(in Finnish only but there are pictures so they might be enough.) Blogger informes me that the page is not available, so I'll add it later, hopefully it will be available then.

So gradient. My nails are quite long so I thought that I would use 3 different colours. The result does not really show 3 different colours because the green underneath and the pastel blue are some how too close to each other in shades so the picture does not show it very well. Anyways, there are 3 different colours.


Here are the polishes and other equipment that I used. I had the Isadora's green "Marzipan" as the base colour, next is Isadora's "Ocean Drive" and at the tip is O.P.I's "Fly" from the Nicki Minaj mini collection. Base coat is O.P.I's and top coat is Essie quick dry top coat "Good to go".



In my opinion the make up sponge is not the best sponge for this. At least, as you can probably see from the photos, mine did not end up being really smooth. However, others prefer make up sponge, while others kitchen sponges or body sponges. I am going to test them all later.

4 comments:

  1. Oi voi.. Annoin siskolleni lahjaksi tuon OPIn Flyn. Nyt mä aina kadehdin sitä siellä käydessäni :D Liian hyvän lahjan annoin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pyydä siskoasi tekemään sinullekin manikyyri sillä ;) Se on kyllä kaunis lakka.

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing for your first ever gradient! I still get sooo frustrated with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) Looks a bit stupid to my eye since my nails are so differently shaped..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome as long as they are not inappropriate :)

Asialliset kommentit tervetulleita!